Monday, July 13, 2009

My Sunday

My good friend Gail called me last week and asked if I wanted to go on a 'Water Garden' tour in the Kansas City area. It sounded wonderful and it was! We toured gardens all over the greater Kansas City area and got a lot of great ideas. So many people opened their homes and shared their visions with the public. Below are just a few of the places we saw - enjoy!

This one was a tiny suburban back yard off of a busy road. These home owners had planted tons of bamboo and created a huge water fall over stone. It was surrounded with plants, flowers and statues. You could not hear any road noise. It was a tropical paradise in KC.




This one was an example of a 'good woman'. You could see her touch in the stunning flowers and statuary. She had one of the most beautiful garden benches I have ever seen. You could see her husband's in the train tracks with broken cars, the 'semi-hidden' piles of train stuff etc. etc. There were trains running all over the place and you will see a picture of what looks like Aphrodite towering over a Swiss village. They also had a mama peacock with three babies. I had never seen baby peacocks before. In the picture below you can see one of them hotfooting it into the grasses. The whole thing made for quite an unusual display.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's a heck of a way to spend a Sunday! Beautiful stuff. Does it fire off any inspirational yard design - beyond what you're already doing?

the Baitlady said...

I love spending days like that! When you visit these places are you like me... coming home with all kinds of ideas to incorporate into your own garden. I wish I could make even half of my wish list come true.

Cher' Shots said...

I miss those impromptu trips we used to take! Loved the day we went on the "historical house tour." I believe it was in Liberty, am I right? And the day we shocked the guys with our "treasure" load of dock materials. Ah what fond memories you conjur up.