Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labor Day Family Fun!

As with all good holidays our Labor Day weekend involved a lot of food! Neal & Theresa (my nephew & wife) hosted a Sunday get together. This was the first time several family members had met Natalie.

Even the cool breeze did not prevent kids swimming -
look how much Audrey has grown!

Madison emerging from the pool
If not for the Dino life vest Booke would look like a
professional model!
Katie surveying the vast blue space
Seth & Noah enjoyed Neal's video games

As did Ty and Jessica
G-Aunt Dana finally got a chance to cuddle with
Natalie - she lived with us when Ty was this
age so this cuddle was extra special!
OK - they are pink and yes, they are Barbie
but they have wheels!
As our day wound down we found Brooke reading a
book to Katie in a quiet corner.
The O'Donnell bunch then headed to Chillicothe to
celebrate September birthdays and to save
Ty & Jerilyn from yet another 8 hr round trip! Katie
rode with us on the way home and we were serenaded with
various songs including 'Awesome God'. Here is a picture of
the glorious sunset proving that fact.

Since everyone had to leave a mid-day on Monday
(something about school & work) we opened gifts
Sunday night. Here is a line-up thinking that
things are MUCH more fun when it is their birthdays!

Joy had bought Ryan an antique gun - so Jeff & Steph
gave him a gun cleaning kit

Jeff had two very eager helpers
Seth was actually the birthday 'Santa'

I got lots of good stuff - can't wait to use it all
Notice the girls have decided to share Audrey's
headset to listen to music - we must not have
been very entertaining

If you have ever considered messing with the women in this family -
DON'T

Monday was a beautiful day and we spent most of it
outside. Football was the order of the day!

'Honest Dad - I'm big enough & I'm wearing red!'
'Do you guys want me to go long?'
Some guidance from Dad

Caleb rescued by Aunt Steph

Love this shot of Jeff blocking Seth

Noah looks like a pro doesn't he?
Smokey wants to try so Noah holds the ball -
alas he just didn't get the whole idea

Ty & Seth - it was wonderful
watching everyone play

Noah & Caleb - it was breezy - notice the frisbee?
Jackson thought Katie was the greatest thing
since sliced bread!
I know what this looks like but, no,
Caleb was NOT getting ready to whip Jackson
with the stick as some weird Missouri ritual!!

Gotta give Katie credit - she has no concept
of limits!
Papa even braved the ragweed long
enough for some football

After a birthday lunch of lasagna it was time for
the cakes / pies (needed more calories you know)

Audrey made a banner for the birthday folks


Katie helped with some artwork


Then Katie helped Joy finish Daddy's pink strawberry birthday cake
with lots and lots of sprinkles - good thing Ryan had his gun
and football to balance things out!

Do you think we have enough sugar here?
Lindsey called just as we were getting ready to light
candles. I handed her over to Joy who was able to put her
on speaker phone. It would be a wonderful world if we could
get everyone within a few miles of all their loved ones wouldn't it?

No matter what is going on - take time to celebrate!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a lot of fun - even if it was a whirlwind! Thanks for getting pictures of us playing outside where I'm standing still in EVERY SINGLE ONE! I know I wasn't active as the kiddies but it looks like I was just ambling out there and only needed a beer in my hand to complete the picture. Jerilyn and I had a good laugh over that :) Nice pictures all.

Papa and Nana O said...

I'm sorry sweetie - I'd have been happy to get you a beer if you wanted one! ;o) You were just SO fast I couldn't catch it on film! Glad you like the pics - it was so great seeing you and Ryan out playing football in the yard again!

Unknown said...

I know it's a little late to leave a comment, but here are my two cents. . .actually I don't have anything specific to say accept it looks like everyone had a good time. Especially Caleb!