Monday, May 25, 2009

Anderson House

This is a shot of the Anderson House which was used as a field hospital during the battle of Lexington in the Civil War. The other side of the house overlooks where the Missouri River
used to flow directly at the foot of the hill until it changed course and moved further away.
I know I could wax poetic about this shot of Pat & Jackson (Grandfather & grandson) standing in front of the bullet ridden walls of a Civil War home - something along the lines of 'well, son it was like this' but I just loved the baby curve of Jackson's cheek and how both were looking the same way.
We are all on the second floor balcony looking toward the battlefield. We had an excellent guide (far right). I don't know if Jerilyn & Noah discussed their poses beforehand or not!
This is the bluff that overlooks the Missouri River. You can see the river in the distance but it used to run right at the foot of the hill.

Hope you enjoyed our family weekend. Remember to always count your blessings!

No comments: