Monday, February 15, 2010
KC World of Wheels
This Sunday Pat & I went with Jeff, Steph & kids to the K.C. World of Wheels Car Show. It was a wonderful way to spend yet another snowy cold Sunday afternoon. We all had a great time and I thought I would share some of the beautiful (& maybe not so beautiful) cars with you. Pat, of course, narrated!!
Seth & Noah admiring a '51 Chevy pickup (a little better looking than the one in our garage!)
Beautiful truck interior
We saw a lot of mini-displays matching the real 'thing'.
If Pat really, really loved me he would buy me this '60 vette - isn't it gorgeous!!
I think I would look really good in it!!
Pat's favorite as a kid was a '40 Ford - this is a great example
This is a '29 Ford with a '32 grill on it. Burnt orange seemed to be a favorite color. We can't argue - our Mazda is the same color.
Pat admiring a '49 or ''50 custom Merc
Jeff, Seth & Noah next to a '55 Chevy panel truck - Noah loved it!
'34 Ford with fantastic paint job
Guys are guys no matter what their height or the car
Friends of ours, Ed & Bev Ostervich, worked for years on this stretch VW limo. Lindsey & John would have gotten this as a ride to the reception if it had been done in time. Fortunately, Keith, stepped in and helped with his Caddy.
Interior of the 'bug' - has a 26" LCD TV & DVD, awesome sound along with a bar set-up. Motor is fully decked out in chrome - they did a great job!
Wonderful chopped '50 Merc - customized years ago but still looking good.
We should all recognize the famous CARS Hudson Hornet (& the three Walters)
Noah was pretty happy about seeing this.
Another one of my favorites - this is an incredible '36 custom Ford.
Same car from the side - it screams class - one of the nicest cars we saw
Very clean '32 duece coupe
Either a '38 or '39 Packard with amazing paint & interior. You don't realize how big the car really is until you are standing next to it.
Great suicide door with beautiful interior
Shane & Tyler - this Lambo is for you two
The Aston Martin is MINE - ALL MINE!! (not yours Tyler)
Guess what - Audrey wants the pink Dodge - surprise!
I just loved the etched glass on this '32 duece
Amazing custom '38 Ford - this doesn't do the color & design justice!
OK - if I don't get the Aston Martin or the first vette I will settle for this custom '61 vette. This was one of the prettiest cars there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Beautiful pictures and nice,technical commentary! Oh, but John says your Mazda is not burnt orange. Apparently he feels that's important.
Don't listen to the Texans, you're Mazda is a beautiful burnt orange that can hold it's head high. Oh, and you're delusional if you think you're walking away with an Aston Martin before Shane or I get one. I've liked it longer!!
Anyway,awesome pictures with even better commentary as Lindsey mentioned. Dad must be rubbing off on you (or helping) to remember all that :)
Post a Comment