I'll start my Father's Day post with a father & daughter. Ryan was asked to preach at a church in town so Ryan, Joy, Katie & Caleb came Saturday night. We all headed to church Sunday morning and then made the rest of the day a wonderfully lazy summer day. Sunday evening we all headed to the pond for some fishing. Two regular fishing poles and then the 'killer' Dora fishing pole. You may remember it from last spring - there is no equal!

Pat & Ryan doing what 98% of fishing consists of - handling worms & hooks!

Caleb & I lounged on the camp chairs taking pictures of ourselves.

Katie LOVES to fish and is really pretty darn good at it.

Ryan and Caleb took a short hike - Caleb had to work pretty hard to get through that thigh high grass!

This is where you tell yourself that you fish just for the fun of it

or to hang out with family

The dock Pat, John & Lindsey built worked out just great

You can't see all the adults hovering around the baby on the dock!!

Young Mr. Blue Eyes

Katie looks like a little apple cheeked Bavarian Miss with a fishing pole!

No matter how small the fish there will always be a smaller one!

The day was lovely! I'd like to wish a belated Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful fathers out there (including all the really, really special ones in our family). Good Dads are hard to come by - don't ever doubt your importance!!
2 comments:
Wow, I'm surprised the line was strong enough to wrestle those monsters in, what a Herculean effort by all!
This is what summer is all about and I'm very grateful for the pics you are sharing. I promise we'll get some up soon on our end!
Tyler
Yeah, yeah, Ty. . .I'll believe it when I see it. :-) By the way, Mom, I love the new blog layout! It's beautiful--very summery! Particularly entertaining commentary this time, as well.
Post a Comment